Tuesday, May 27, 2008

RELAY FOR LIFE @ STONEYBROOK 2008



Well, it has been a while since my last blog entry so I apologize for the fact that some of these pics are a little dated.
Early May, my family and friends in the 'hood were fortunate enough to participate in the ACS Relay for Life to generate donations for a tremendous cause very close to all of us. It was an emotional night of sharing, singing,and mostly walking from 6pm-midnight. I was expecially proud of Maddie and Callie's compassion when the luminaries were lit in memory of those lost and those still fighting this terrible disease.
Memories of my Uncle Hank and Stan's Dad, Robert, who both lost their battles with cancer were flooding to the surface for me and Stan. They were remarkable men who taught us so much. We miss their quick wit and beautiful smiles.
Thanks to everyone who supported me through donations- our total raised among all of the teams involved was over $70,000!! We are sooo proud!

No comments: